Pages

MyPhone My Pad 2 UPDATES



Some issues and my solutions

This is a sort of an update of the review I posted: MyPhone My Pad 2 Review
Here are the issues I found in Mypad 2 after almost a month playing with it :)

ISSUE 1. Auto-rotate screen issue (really obvious when running youtube) - screen orientation switches back and forth even if you are not really moving it much. When running youtube..it usually sticks to portrait view.

 
Solutions:
      Go to Settings > Display> Check or Uncheck Auto Rotate Screen
                 Checked Auto Rotate Screen - Tablet adapts the orientation based on the way your holding it.
                 Unchecked Auto Rotate Screen - Lock portrait view (this is what i chose)
checked auto-rotation



unchecked auto-rotation

     Adjust GSensor (the most important thing to do)
                  Settings > Display> Calibrate Gsensor
                            Lay tablet on a flat surface (floor or table) and press adjust Gsensor





ISSUE 2. Touch screen low sensitivity (especially on games like temple run, subway surfer, all games which really needs a lot of tapping, clicking, etc)

Solutions:
        1. Adjust GSensor
        2. Go to the game options/settings - check if they added a setting for adjusting the sensitivity.  Adjusting the sensitivity to a high value can increase its sensitivity
        3. Screen protector might be affecting the touchscreen.  I tried playing with the screen protector on and off. And there is really a difference in the sensitivity.





ISSUE 3. Touchscreen not functioning well when charged - it's like when you tap a part of the screen..Example : opening an app.. and the other app next to it would open.
UPDATE - Touchscreen not functioning well when charged from computer's usb port.

Solution:  If you want to use the phone and don't want this kind of issue while you charge, plug the charger directly to your wall socket.



ISSUE 4. Lagging on some games (HD games, rpg games) - I had Temple Run 2 installed and Angry Birds (this is for my kid)..and the performance wasn't good and the graphic is struggling.

Solution: for advanced user only
     Root tablet and install a memory booster and also SEEDER - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032
     This worked on my mypad 2. I didn't experience much lags from then on.

Note: Rooting can damage your tablet. It can void its warranty , so beware. And I can't guarantee that it will work for you. Ask me if you have questions and you can follow what I've done but at your own risk. I will not be held liable if anything happens to your tablet. 




As for my feelings for this tablet, I haven't lose a significant amount of interest about it. I still feel it's a good tablet. And really quite durable considering it fell on the floor a couple of times and my kid accidentally sat on it. It didn't crack and I didn't feel any changes on its appearance and performance after that. So it's still great for me.

35 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for telling me that rooting may damage the tablet.

Unknown said...

sir, thank you for this :) getting one soon.

Anonymous said...

question:
MyPhone My Pad 2 was fully charged and turned off when i turned it on it was still running but freezes until the logo.. Pls help

alleyflo said...

question:
MyPhone My Pad 2 was fully charged and turned off when i turned it on it was still running but freezes until the logo.. Pls help

answer:
Connect the charger and just restart it. And wait for 1-5 minutes. Eventually it'll load. Then disconnect the charger. That happens on my mypad at times. You just have to wait for it to load and be patient

Ruth said...

how to take screenshots?

Anonymous said...

Sir nag auto data factory reset, everytime na nag turn off ako ng device tpos on ulet bumabalik sa stock .

Unknown said...

sir panu mag hard reset? fastboot on
debuging off
pls help nmn sir! nag too many attempt kze ako!

Anonymous said...

sir patulong naman po about my my phone my pad 2.. accidentally na corrupt ang o.s nya after kong mg root.. so i decided to install other firmware na.. the problem is hindi active ang touch screen,camera, tsaka ext.sd slot.. sana po makuha tayo ng stock rom ng tab ko.. na wipe out ang stock rom nya.. Pls pa hel namn po.. sa mga master po natin jan!!! salamat po in advance...

Anonymous said...

pano mo na root yung mypad 2 mo?, any links sir?

leslie said...

sir pano mag hard reset? nag too many password attempt kc ako. thanks..

Tet said...

Sir, nagdodownload po kasi ako nang movies tapus i left it for a while then suddenly ayaw nang mag-open, what should i do?
Please help.

Tet said...

Sir pahelp naman po. Nagda-download ako ng movie then after a while, ayaw ng mag-open. Anu po kaya ang pwede kong gawin?

alleyflo said...

Ruth said...

how to take screenshots?

answer: hold down power and volume down simultaneously

alleyflo said...

Anonymous said...

sir patulong naman po about my my phone my pad 2.. accidentally na corrupt ang o.s nya after kong mg root.. so i decided to install other firmware na.. the problem is hindi active ang touch screen,camera, tsaka ext.sd slot.. sana po makuha tayo ng stock rom ng tab ko.. na wipe out ang stock rom nya.. Pls pa hel namn po.. sa mga master po natin jan!!! salamat po in advance...

answer: I suggest dalhin na lang sa service center. Complicated kasi yung pag root nitong sa akin. Parang tinaya ko ang buhay ng tablet. Luckily na root ko. Kaya hindi ako nag attempt mag flash ng custom recovery kasi walang downloadable na stock rom ng Mypad online.

alleyflo said...

tet tulabut said...

Sir, nagdodownload po kasi ako nang movies tapus i left it for a while then suddenly ayaw nang mag-open, what should i do?
Please help.

answer: Maybe na drain lang yung battery. Nangyayari din sa akin yan minsan..matagal ma turn on..chinacharge ko muna..after mga 20 minutes,,maoopen na

Anonymous said...

Good day bossing
nag too many pattern attempts ako sa mypad :(
pano po mag boot sa recovery para ma hard reset po thanks po

Anonymous said...

When Im trying to take a screenshot on my mypad, i tried to press the power and volume down, but it didnt work. Also the power and home, but still it didnt work. What to do? :(

Anonymous said...

Good evening sir, any updates po regarding sa pag flash ng mypad 2? parang bricked na kasi. I've waited for 2 hours pero nasa boot screen pa din sya. thanks po sa help.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said:
Good evening sir, any updates po regarding sa pag flash ng mypad 2? parang bricked na kasi. I've waited for 2 hours pero nasa boot screen pa din sya. thanks po sa help.

Follow up....

Sir same problem with the one above.. please help so that we could make our mypad 2 operational again.

Thanks alot and God Bless you more.

Unknown said...

sir... gud eve po... na root ko na po mypad2 ko... do you have any idea on how to increase internal memory po??? ahahah... thanks po...

bam said...

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1081063&p=18440322#post18440322

MyPad2 Alternate Firmware

Anonymous said...

Hi Po, yung issue sa MyPad 2 ko "can't connect to camera" pag ittry ko iopen. I've tried doing hard reset na.

Anonymous said...

could you kindly share how you rooted your mypad2? I believe it is worth a shot.

Anonymous said...

Sa Mga Na Too Many Attempts Wag Niyo Pong Galawin Yung Tablet Niyo Pag Paghingahin Niyo Lang Ng 2Days tas Mag Kukusa Yan MagFactory Reset Nakalagay Encrypt Pad tas Yun MagHahard Reset Na :)))

shen said...

Hello po. I bought mypad2 2 days ago. tpos yesterday, biglaan lang syang na ooff kahit battery full pa siya. What s the possible reason na na ooff siya? ty

trinity said...

yung MYPAD ko ayaw ng magconnet ng WIFI..pls help me anyone knows about it...

Unknown said...

ANONYMOUS SAID
Sa Mga Na Too Many Attempts Wag Niyo Pong Galawin Yung Tablet Niyo Pag Paghingahin Niyo Lang Ng 2Days tas Mag Kukusa Yan MagFactory Reset Nakalagay Encrypt Pad tas Yun MagHahard Reset Na :)))



KAILANGAN POH BAH NAKA OPEN LANG ANG TABLET ?????????????????

Anonymous said...

Too many attempts, gmail account. paano na itu? //// help po sa mypad tablet. isang buwan na pong ganito ito. pahelp po thank you

The Charmed One said...

I bought my MyPad2 last December 2013 and since day-1 grabeeeeeee mag-LAAAAAAGGGGGG! I tried na the following:
1. Used a bigger memory na micro SD card
2. Transferred all "transferable" files and apps sa SD card
3. Installed Clean Master to boost the memory and I often have it clean my files
4. Installed 360 Security and frequently scan my files
But still, sobraaaaaa pa rin kung mag-LAAAAAAGGGGG ng MyPad2!!!! I even regretted why I bought it in the first place. Even the MyPhone salesladies sa mall said sakit na daw talaga ito ng latest batch-release ng MyPad2. I can't afford to bring it to the Sony Service Center and leave it there even just for one day coz I use it everyday for my business. In the first place, this unit should be working and performing very well as expected that I don't need to bring it to the tech maski kay-bago-bago pa.

Also, just this week, YouTube would no longer play on it. It always say. "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry". My goodness, I've retried millions of times already! As basic troubleshooting, I even tried the following:
1. Rebooted (turned off and on)
2. Light reset (via the tiny reset button)
3. Updated YouTube app
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube app
5. Checked the YouTube app on the Settings and it looks okay and running
I can see the list on YouTubes, and tabs are working, it just won't play the video. I can no longer watch YouTube video tutorials! But some other videos sa Facebook ay nagpe-play naman, like MP4.

Please help me with this before I would tell my friends that MyPad2 sucks and won't advice them to buy it.

Anonymous said...

Sir,yung ROOTING PROCEDURE,san niyo po nakuha?ano website po ba kc may iba luko-luko na minamali tayo ng rooting procedure para masira tablet natin!Pag may nagrespond dito sa tanong ko,bigay ko na lang sa inyo yung Original STOCK ROM for Myphone Mypad2.

File Name:
myphone_pad2updated4.0.stockromv5.zip

original stock rom yan ng myphone mypad 2 saken eh.

Anonymous said...

Sir,yung ROOTING PROCEDURE,san niyo po nakuha?ano website po ba kc may iba luko-luko na minamali tayo ng rooting procedure para masira tablet natin!Pag may nagrespond dito sa tanong ko,bigay ko na lang sa inyo yung Original STOCK ROM for Myphone Mypad2.

File Name:
myphone_pad2updated4.0.stockromv5.zip

original stock rom yan ng myphone mypad 2 saken eh.

Sir.. pahingi naman ng mypad stock rom.. oo... kailangan ko kasi... PLS.

Anonymous said...

madali lang naman i root yang mypad2 na yan eh.. may software lang na kailangan..

Root******* ang name

Anonymous said...

Pa help nman.. kac ung mypad 2 ok sinet ko sa pinakamababang brightness d ko alam ung pinakamababa pla nun wla k ng mkikita.. ni reset ko ung mypad pero ganun prin wla prin mkita.. kya d ko maiset ulit ung brightness

Unknown said...

sir pa help po,nag too many attempt po ung kapatid ko then sinet ko sa off ung my pad 2 ko,pag on ko po nag stock na po sa boot logo.anu po pwdeng gawin?pls helpT_T

Unknown said...

Need help, can't connect sa camera ano ggwin q txt me nlng di parati online 09278464800

Post a Comment