Finally! I got a MyPhone a888 already. After experiencing the MyPhone MyPad 2, I swore to get myself a MyPhone smartphone. I was planning to get the A919 but decided to get the A888 at the last minute. A919 is just too big for a phone, it doesn't fit in my pocket. (they call it a phablet = phone+tablet). I already have a tablet, so I don't really need that. A919 has only a VGA front camera while A888 has 1.3 mp. And at that time on the store, the A919 black is not available and the white doesn't appeal my taste. Pretty much, those are the only things I considered.
These are the specs of A888 from their website
Tri-band, EDGE, 3G Connection, HSUPA
Dual core 1GHz processor
Android 4.0.4 OS
4.5” IPS capacitive screen
1.3MP Front Camera
8 megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash
GPS, WiFi Connection
Dual Mic Noise Reduction
Proximity and Light Sensor
32GB microSD Slot,
HD 720p Video Recording
Turn to mute function
3.5mm Audio Jack
Pinoy Phone App
Unboxing MyPhone A888 (beware: quality of some images are poor.)
|MyPhone A888 with my MyPAD 2|
|it looks good|
|default apps installed on MyPhone A888 (screenshot UX trial is not included btw)|
|some few issues (click the picture to see the detail)|
|display is amazing|
|Benchmark Test using Antutu and Quadrant|
MyPhone A888 Pros and Cons (after 3 days of exploring this phone)
Don't worry, I will try not to list the features that is already on the specs mentioned above :)
My cons might be pros for other people or the other way around. So this is just MY pros and cons. Let's be clear about that.
1. the specs mentioned above are real!
2. Really cheap - bought it at 7499 pesos
3. vibrant and crisp colors on screen (display)
4. the overall shape and the screen are not cheap-looking
5. battery charges fast - about 3 hours
1. No microsd card with the package
1. Battery last only for 5 hours after first full charging (activities: exploring the phone, made some few calls, games, internet surfing )
2. Too light - almost the same weight with my Samsung Galaxy Y.
3. when I tilt it, I can almost see the light source from the inside (see third image from top)
4. Touchscreen doesn't not function 100% when charging
5. back cover is not fingerprint resistant - it's like..the cover was put there to get the slightest detail of your fingerprint.
5. rear camera is protruding much (see third image from top)
For now, those are the only things I have experience with A888. I will update every now and then if something comes up.
All in all, I am happy with MyPhone A888. I am satisfied with its performance and with its somewhat sophisticated look. I'm just loving this phone right now. That's why I am not considering buying a new phone this year.